[Mageia-discuss] Is this proper design available with sources ?

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Sun Jun 3 19:57:27 CEST 2012

On Sun, 3 Jun 2012 18:44:52 +0200
Florent Monnier <monnier.florent at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le dimanche 03 juin 2012 10:17:45, Anne Nicolas a écrit :
> > Hi there
> >
> > Following http://blog.mageia.org/en/2012/05/31/background-credits/,
> > all packages and isos have been updated to use original design.
> > Packages updates are available as usual for Mageia 2 and Cauldron.
> >
> > Isos were all rebuilt and tested and uploaded yesterday night.
> >
> > Thanks QA team and tmb for all the hard work
> >
> > We need also torrent seeders to update it. A blog post is being
> > proofreaded to inform about all this.
> >
> > Cheers
>
> Hi,
>
> Do we have the sources for this background now ?
>
> Or is it just free-closed-sourced ?

From the blog:

"We have now talked with the original artist, and he has been kind
enough to relicense his artwork and its derivative for use by Mageia.
This means that those of us who have installed from the original Mageia
2 ISOs are not in breach of his copyright."

It depends on the term of the license, but to me, that doesn't sound
like the GPL.  The license allows us to use it only.

Doug.