[Mageia-discuss] Forum support: your help is needed!

Macxi terraagua at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 03:21:35 CEST 2012

Em dom 03 jun 2012, às 17:26:41, Marja van Waes escreveu:
> Hi everyone,
>
> As most of you will know, doktor5000 has been the main provider of
> support for Mageia users who go to the forum for help.
>
> His workload has increased, at the moment, he makes in between 30 and 40
> posts in the forum a day.
> That is too much, he has a full-time job, he has packages to maintain,
> security updates and bug fixes to do, documentation to write, but
> because of the workload he doesn't get around to doing those other
> things for Mageia. Worse even, he doesn't have time left for some fun
> part of life.
>
> So your help is more than welcome.
>
> Please go to the forum and sign up in this thread
> https://forums.mageia.org/en/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2681 if you want to help.
>
> Thanks a lot :)
>
> Cheers,
> marja

Marja,

I admire the hard work you (and Doktor5000, Wobo and many other) are doing, a
real community support, with high technical quality.

Congratulations. I'm really impressed. You are answering hundreds of questions.

I think that in this week's launch Mageia everything is very difficult, there are
many questions and many new users.

I agree that you need the help from other people, but maybe this is not enough.

I think it's important to have help texts for beginners, in the wiki and forum.

One of the reasons I use the Mageia is because I believe it can be used by
common people, without much technical knowledge.

I have no expertise. But I found a way to help editing "help texts" for
beginners.

I have edited help texts (in Wiki MandrivaBrasil and Wiki MageiaBrasil) mainly
for 3 basic tasks:

1 - Install Mageia
2 - Install the media (software repository)
3 -Install the software.

I edited these texts for the Forum and Wiki MandrivaBrasil and I copied them to
the forum and Wiki MageiaBrasil.

- Simple answers to simple questions. Example: How do I do this? Answer: Read
the directions from the wiki (see link). These questions, I and many others can
answer.

- Answers complicated, only people with technical knowledge can answer (and that
should not overloading with these tasks simpler, that one wiki can do).

Currently I'm not getting much help  and English is not my native language), but
I can try.

I really want to help in this task of editing help texts for beginners, mainly
to avoid the overhead of you again at the launch of Mageia 3 next year.

The Mageia becoming a very popular distro, so I hope that as soon as possible,
Mageia have more people helping, and lots of help documentation to support,
especially for novice users.

Cheers
Macxi

Mageia Forum (en)