[Mageia-discuss] [INFO] Mageia financial report and forecast, May 2012
rdalverny at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 22:07:51 CEST 2012
here's an update on Mageia resources.
You will find our current financial report here:
http://www.mageia.org/en/about/report/2012/ . You will see that we got
serious increase in donations in May, thanks to our lovely and great
donators (see the amazing list at http://www.mageia.org/en/thank-you/
) and the balance is still positive, allowing us to provision further
for our hardware needs. Last expense was the purchase of two routers
for Marseille datacenter: one to replace the current one, and one
Growing Mageia goes through having clear and strong financial
resources not only for this year, but for the coming ones.
Other than that, there are 5 main lines of work in sight for the coming months:
1. state our budget needs (hardware, hosting, transportation,
goodies, design and marketing). sysadmin team is preparing the
2. revamping our whole donation campaign:
- define our goals for the year
- show the progress (https://bugs.mageia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6084 )
- make more obvious entry points
3. improve our report contents and accessibility (i18n but not only)
and communicate more on it (as well as revamp the Thank you page)
4. properly quote our balance sheet (depends on 1.)
5. consider opportunities for additional appropriate revenue streams.
Help welcome, in any of these points.
(will blog this later in June as soon as I have more data for 1.)
More information about the Mageia-discuss