[Mageia-discuss] Desktop icons disappear

Rémi Verschelde remi at verschelde.fr
Wed Jun 6 22:28:16 CEST 2012

2012/6/6 Renaud (Ron) Olgiati <renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org>:
> Installed Mageia 2 on Elder Daughter's laptop.
>
> She changed the background image of the desktop, and all the icons
> disappeared.
>
> Opening ~/Desktop in Konqueror shows the .desktop files all present and
> correct.
>
> How do I get the icons back ?

A simple solution, I don't know if it will solve the problem in your case:
Right click on the desktop, open the desktop configuration tool.
Then check that the layout entry is on "Desktop View", and in the
layout submenu the chosen option is "Display the desktop folder". (The
English strings may differ from those, my Mageia is in French).

Regards,
Rémi