[Mageia-discuss] HP Printer

Gary Montalbine gmontalbine at cox.net
Fri Jun 22 21:36:15 CEST 2012

On 06/22/2012 02:24 PM, AL13N wrote:
> Op donderdag 21 juni 2012 17:02:10 schreef Paul Simon:
>> "Gary Montalbine"<gmontalbine at cox.net>  wrote in
>> message news:4FE374BA.50303 at cox.net...

>> All I can tell you at this point is that if the printer prints well with
>> other applications there is a Magiea printer driver that is misbehaving.
>> Buying a new printer will probably not make any difference.
>>
>> Good luck!
>>
>> Paul
>
> We should nuance this a bit.
>
> When comparing monitor with print, it's not only the printer driver's
> responsibility.
>
> there is:
> - printer itself (or it's age)
> - ink availability
> - printer driver
> - graphic driver
> - monitor color calibration
> - monitor itself (or it's age)

I have an LCD monitor. This old man is strictly a user. I was hoping
that someone that was using an HP in Mageia with good results might
provide a model number. I am completely lost by all the technical
specifications listed for each printer. My needs are simple. I want to
be able to use it as a copier and most important, is color printing that
matches within reason the colors on my monitor. My current printer is
not mageia compatible. Monitor color calibration will not correct it.
Help appreciated.
Thanks, Gary