[Mageia-discuss] nvidia vs grub

bascule asura at theexcession.co.uk
Mon Apr 1 13:09:01 CEST 2013

On Monday 01 Apr 2013 15:56:06 Kiki Muhammad Syahadat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I also encountered the same problem when installing Mageia 3 beta with
> proprietary driver. But when I installed open source one, it didn't. You
> still can run KDE Kwin 3D with it, and no lag screen. ;)

well i've never come across the nokmsboot option so i just looked in my
menu.lst and there it is for all the kernel entries, so obviously for some of
us it's being put there automgically as i use the proprietary nvidia drivers
downloaded from their site, currently on mageia2

bascule
--
"`Credit?' he said. `Aaaargggh...'
These two words are usually coupled together in the Old

- Ford in a spot of bother.