[Mageia-discuss] nvidia vs grub

Sander Lepik sander.lepik at eesti.ee
Tue Apr 2 09:37:49 CEST 2013

01.04.2013 10:41, Michał Walenciak kirjutas:
> Hi all
>

> there is one thing which always bother me:
> what is the right way of installing nvidia drivers?
> What do I mean: when using nvidia drivers I always find necessary to add
> nokmsboot to grub options.
> And i have to do it every time when kernel is being updated.
> How do the newbies cope with that? ;)
Hi,

which nvidia drivers are you using? And which grub?
I'm using nvidia nonfree drivers packaged by Mageia and legacy grub. No
problems so far. But grub2 was broken few weeks ago and didn't add
nokmsboot for nonfree driver. Not sure if it's fixed for now or not.

--
Sander