[Mageia-discuss] Help texts for Beginner in Mageia Wiki, in English

Pierre Jarillon jarillon at abul.org
Fri Feb 8 08:26:27 CET 2013

Le vendredi 8 février 2013 02:30:46, macxi a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I translated these texts into English in Mageia Wiki:

From which language?

>     1 - Install Mageia KDE LiveCD (for beginners)
> | https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Install_Mageia_2_LiveCD_for_beginner
>
>     2 - Partition HD (for beginners)
> | https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Hd_partition_in_Mageia_2_for_beginners
>
>     3 - Install Media (for beginners)
> | https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Install_media_in_Mageia_2_for_beginner
>
>     4 - Install and remove Software (for beginners)
> | https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Install_and_remove_software_for_beginner

> The proposal of these texts is to edit a simple text, for beginners, it can
> be especially useful for new users of Mageia, which surely will come with
> the release of Mageia 3, in April 2013.

Good job!
But it is for Mageia_2. IMO, it should be better to start with Mageia 3.

The size of the / partition in the example is too small.
The size used on the root partitions of my disks, is:
  4.7GB  5.2GB  4.5GB  4.4GB(old Mdv)  6.7GB  6.6GB
At least tell that 4.8GB is the minimum recommended size.

--
Pierre Jarillon - http://pjarillon.free.fr/
Vice-président de l'ABUL : http://abul.org