[Mageia-discuss] [SOT] [HUMOUR] Selina Mandrake - The Slayer: "Caught between post-Modernism and the New Age"

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Mon Feb 11 22:50:38 CET 2013

Hi all,

you can find my own parody/tribute/etc to the /Buffy the Vampire Slayer/
television show, and other sources of information here:

http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/Selina-Mandrake/

I already mentioned it on IRC several times, but I am hoping to mention it
here. Inspired by the old name change of Mandrake to Mandrive and later on, the
Mageia fork, I realised that an old idea for a character of mine called Selina
Mandrake has now become Selina “Buffy” Mageia, which allowed me to write this:

http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/Selina-Mandrake/

This is a parody / fan-fiction of the show “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” and
several other sources of inspiration, and I have placed the text and original
characters under the http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ . I've
already wrote most of the important scenes, and I have a solid idea for the
rest.

Here is the abstract:

<<<<<<<<<<<
An Anglo-American geeky girl in her high school senior year in 2011
California, ends up finding out that she is none other than The Slayer, a
legendary heroine who is destined to slay many notable vampires and demons,
culminating in none other than The Master, the vampire with the oldest soul.
See how she manages to do so, despite being completely non-violent, and even
supportive of the demons she encounters.

A supernatural dramedie, this screenplay has many ties to my other screenplay,
Star Trek: “We, the Living Dead”, and was part of the grand Star Trek Deep
Space Nine / Buffy the Vampire Slayer / etc. great conspiracy theory thing that
I imagined in my “grand mania” that has inspired me ever since. It’s very
far-fetched, but on the other hand conveys many serious messages and insights.

The source for the screenplay is also maintained inside a Git repository at
https://github.com/shlomif/Selina-Mandrake . Comments are welcome and if you
like it, I would appreciate recommendations of it, including on social link
sharing sites such as http://www.stumbleupon.com/content/1HDiRY .

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish