[Mageia-discuss] Debian-style «rename» utility?

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Wed Jan 2 02:42:45 CET 2013

On Wednesday 2. January 2013 01.13, Renaud (Ron) Olgiati wrote:
> I have been removing spaces and a number of characters that cause problems in
> filenames with the following:

I have a similar solution, that I got from usenet some years ago. But both mine and your solution only replace spaces,
while the Debian solution replace anything you put into it, using sed style.

And I might have found what I'm looking for: http://filerenameutils.sourceforge.net/
Going to test it, and if it works as I hope I'll package and add it to Mageia. :-)=

--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324