[Mageia-discuss] Mageia wlan problem.

Alexander Steidel alexander.steidel at freenet.de
Tue Jan 15 23:58:29 CET 2013

Am 15.01.2013 21:49, schrieb John Bowden:
> On Tuesday 15 Jan 2013 12:16:40 Alexander Steidel wrote:
>> hello,
>> i just installed magei 2 with gnome  but i had a problem with the
>> atheros wlan.
>> is there a way that i can activate the wlan feature ? I cant connect the
>> oc via lan cable to the internet. is there any other way to activate this.?
>>
>> I am using gnome and is there a way to activate a zoom or to make the
>> font size bigger. especially in the login window. ? or is there aanother
>> way to activate this settimgs for the impaured person, like a zoom or
>> something else?
>> Or must i choose a nother desktop ?
>>
>> regards
> alexander
> There is a "input device" icon in the "system settings" accessed from the
> spanner & screwdriver icon to adjust keyboard layout and in the control centre
> you can set the localityfrom the "systems tab".
> If these don't help perhaps a bit more infomation on your set up and some one
> here or on irc can help
> Regards John Bowden (Led43-???)
hello,
for the installation i had used a apple mac keyboard (the wgite one with
the two usb ports). after installation i had changed the keyboard to a
german layout keyboard and i had change the settings to german.
the germankeyboard is not working. whem i try to write iwconfig it shows
5wc6nf5g....for exampl..

when i go back to the mackeyboard i can type coorectly, but then i dont
have special characters like @ or "

regards