[Mageia-discuss] keyboard layout.

Alexander Steidel alexander.steidel at freenet.de
Wed Jan 16 13:52:28 CET 2013

Am 16.01.2013 11:34, schrieb Pierre Jarillon:
> Le mercredi 16 janvier 2013 01:12:18, Alexander Steidel a écrit :
>>> Num lock is enabled, disabling it will solve this.
>> i had reinstalled it niw and then the keyboard is working now.
> It was not necessary to reinstall it, just stop it with either:
> - press the key numlock
> - stop the service in MCC
> - uninstall the package numlock with MCC
>
>> but still got the problem with the usb drives and the wlan. ..
> You cannot have any help with such a description. You must be accurate, we
> cannot guess which is the problem.

hello,
there was not a pronlem ith the numlock key/ for example on the mac
keyboard is no numlock. and on the other keyboard i had tried it with
numlock but the problem was still there.
i think the installer was the problem. i had used the apple keyboard
with us layout wit german software settings.
as i reinstalled itm i had used the german keyboard. now it is working.
for example there are few characyers that u only can find in german
language, what i dont have on the us layout.
but this problem is solved...

usb and cd drive,,,, no automouting... after reinstalling it was
suddenly working, until the first reboot... than again no
automounting... i reinstalled then with kde desktop, automounting was
working... i reinstalled the the gnome desktop .. automounting is still
working ..
so this problem is solved by reinstalling...

last problem Atheros wifi.. not working in kde and not working in gnome.
i think the problem is the istaller too, because during istalltion u can
look at the network onnection, and there is the error message too.
it says that the networkdriver ath9k.htc cannot find the atheros ub 91
wifi onboard adapter.
the onboard wifi is working in other distros without an problems.
fpr the installation i had used the 64 bit dvd gnome version.
and i had istall it from a usb key.