[Mageia-discuss] Question on the Mageia-3 GRUB2 readme file

Maurice Batey maurice at bcs.org.uk
Tue Jan 22 18:39:04 CET 2013

Trialling Mageia-3-Cauldron and considering the implications of moving
to GRUB2 I have been looking at the most helpful README file at:

http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/cauldron/grub2/current/SOURCES/README.
Mageia?view=markup

  One thing that puzzles me is in lines 59-61:

      59 	To re-install GRUB 2 to the root partition and place the
	        core.img in /boot/grub2/i386-pc/
      60
      61 	# grub2-install --grub-setup=/bin/true /dev/sdXY

Nowhere else in the document is "root partition" mentioned, so why does
it say "re-install"?!

  (Perhaps it just means "replace whatever is in the PBR"?)

--
/\/\aurice
	(Retired in Surrey, UK)     Registered Linux User #487649