[Mageia-discuss] Do Mageia have something like this?

John Bowden led43john at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 23 01:07:24 CET 2013

On Thursday 10 Jan 2013 23:50:07 Johnny A. Solbu wrote:
> In a blog post[1], someone I know have an idea for implementing some
> autodetetion (for Debian in his case), that when a hardware device is
> inserted will propose to install packages needed to operate the device. I
> don't have that many external hardware devices that I plug in and out on a
> regular basis, so I don't quite know how Mageia does this. So I wanted to
> ask, do we have something similar to this that I can point him to, so he
> don't have to invent a wheel that might already exist?
>
> [1]
> http://people.skolelinux.org/pere/blog/Lets_make_hardware_dongles_easier_to
> _use_in_Debian.html

This also happens in Mageia and Linux. And as most distros have their own
software repo's any thing that needs a driver not included in the kernel the
distro knows where to get any driver thats available. In fact I find the
friends windoz pc's I look after have more trouble finding drivers that I have
not already manually found and put onto a cd or usb stick.
Regards John Bowden (Led43_???)
--
Registered Linux user number 414240

Guy Faulks the only person to enter the Parliament with honest intentions and
he was going to blow them up !