[Mageia-discuss] battery power control and hard disk spin down with mageia 2 (systemd)?

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Thu Jan 31 11:07:14 CET 2013

Hello,

I just realized with a new laptop that an old problem is still there:
when on battery, the hard disk spins down only to awake a few seconds later.
This isn't healthy for the hard-disk, and in the past I solved it by
editing laptop-mode settings to lengthen the spin-down timeout.
Now laptop-mode is gone and I don't know where to look (I googled but I
only could find outdated or non relevant information, maybe my google-fu
isn't strong enough, but everything I find about systemd is either
outdated or plainly not working).
Where should I look?

Another problem I have is the backlight control doesn't work, but I
think that's a kernel problem.
It's a laptop with optimus technology, with the intel card the backlight
control worked, but then I disabled optimus to use the nvidia card and
the backlight is always at full brightness.

Bye
--
Luca