[Mageia-discuss] Mageia ARM port to VIA APC ( or other arm-based board?)

shelandy shelandy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 19:35:43 CET 2013

於 西元2013年03月03日 06:11, Kristoffer Grundström 提到:

> What about armv7l images then? That's for armv5l.
>
> Den 3 mar 2013 01:58 skrev "John Bowden" <led43john at googlemail.com
> <mailto:led43john at googlemail.com>>:
>
>     On Saturday 02 Mar 2013 15:03:10 shelandy wrote:
>     > I got a board (APC Rock)from VIA, which has minimal support of
>     Android 4
>     > and a little bit faster than Raspbeery Pi.
>     > Mike Thompson has ported Debian to this board
>     > http://www.raspbian.org/ApricotImages
>     > VIA released the minimal linux information on
>     > https://github.com/apc-io/apc-8750
>     > https://github.com/apc-io/apc-8950 (the kernel for new models
>     like Rock
>     > or Paper)
>     >
>     > I'd like to used Mageia to this little board.  I have heard of
>     that some
>     > one in Mageia community would announce their progress of porting
>     Maegia
>     > to arm-based system in FOSDEM 2013, but so far have never seen the
>     > details.  I was wondering if some one know the details?
>     >
>     > If someone can show me how to do the cross-compilation...., I
>     might be
>     > able to help the process of port Mageia to the ARM-based box.
>     >
>     > Any suggestion of how should I proceed the porting?
>     >
>     > Shelandy
>     >
>     > 於 西元2013年03月01日 08:30, Kristoffer Grundström 提到:
>     > > 2013-02-28 01:34, Olivier Blin skrev:
>     > >> Kristoffer Grundström <kristoffer.grundstrom1983 at gmail.com
>     <mailto:kristoffer.grundstrom1983 at gmail.com>> writes:
>     > >>> Then, on a workstation (any architecture), insert the µSD
>     card, and
>     > >>>
>     > >>> as root, type:
>     > >>>   debootstrap --arch=armel --variant=minbase --foreign mageia
>     > >>>
>     > >>> /media/PHONE\ CARD/mageia http://http.mageia.org/mageia
>     > >>
>     > >> Hi,
>     > >>
>     > >> That won't work to install mageia.
>     > >> Did you really test your own guide?
>     > >
>     > > Nope.
>     > > I know to little to do this.
>     > > That's why I want testers & people who knows what's wrong with the
>     > > guide when it comes to using commands.
>     > >
>     > > /Kristoffer
>
>     You might also want to do a search for arm on our wiki, it will
>     show you how
>     far we have got with this brance, not far enough! but thats
>     because we need
>     more volunteers.

Thanks.  I googled +arm +mageia + wiki but found nothing
Only after you told me to search wiki, I can get this page by searching
"arm" under the wiki.mageia.org
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/MageiaOnARM
This is the only page I can find so far.  APC info has been added there
last week.
I wish google will cache this conversation so people can find it
easilier on google.

I also like to have armv7 images if someone can make one or teach us how
to make one.
I do not know the structure here to work together, but I have created a
github as well as bitbucket accounts to work with people of the same
interest.