[Mageia-i18n] Epoll need translation]

andré andr55 at laposte.net
Mon Oct 4 14:30:13 CEST 2010

Oliver Burger a écrit :
> We are having a few problems with the translation. The word "ballot" has
> several German translations which do not have the same meaning.
> Could you give me a hint, in what context it is used here?
>
> We couldn't find the word "invalided" in the dictionary. There is the adjective
> "invalid", which I know, but what is the meaning of "invalided", are you sure
> it's correct in English?
>
> String no. 212 is "sign". In which context is this used?
>
> Oliver

"ballot" in the context of a poll would be "vote" in some sense.  (There
is some other meaning not at all related to voting.)

"invalided" is not correct English.
In the context of a poll it could be "invalidated" = made invalid,
confirmed as invalid.
Or it could be simply "invalid".

Sorry, can't help for "sign".

It would be nice if your référence/subject were maintained, so others
would know which document you are translating.

- André (andre999)