[Mageia-i18n] Suggestion for blog translation system

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 16:50:33 CEST 2010

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 16:15, Thorsten van Lil <tvl83 at gmx.de> wrote:
> [...]

Yes for that.

> If there are bigger events and exhibitions with Mageia they could be announced on the blog, but also in all languages.
>
> For smaller local events (like user get-together) there are local community boards to advise them.

Yes, but communicating about them from the official blogs (as a
summary or in a "by the way") would be good too (French blog "oh, btw,
something cool's happening in Brazil" or st along the line).

That's why the blogteam ml would not only to synchronise
English->other languages, but to synchronize with each other
events/news too.

Moreover, some discussion topics may be raised in a specific locale,
not being English. Be careful that the "official" Mageia blogs are not
intended only for a English->{all other locales} flow. Otherwise,
better have local communities relay blogs.

That's more work, but that's something to coordonate with the
communication team (blogteam is part of it).

> Well, I can't help myself: I like it consistent :)

:) That's a point. I'm not into forcing anything but I would like to
point out we should experiment things we didn't before (at mdv) and
take into account this is an international project. Nothing prevents
us from changing later. Other opinion?

Romain