[Mageia-i18n] [Mageia-discuss] Translation -structure

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Wed Sep 29 02:43:30 CEST 2010

Le mercredi 29 septembre 2010 à 02:08 +0200, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> Le mardi 28 septembre 2010 à 18:56 +0200, Anne nicolas a écrit :
> > >
> > > I remember that by the release of Mandriva 2010.1, there were
> > > discussions about the use of transifex and I even think it was decided
> > > it would be the next framework to use. Could Anne confirm this?
> >
> >  Indeed. It will help non technical translators. We have a Fedora guy
> >  ready to help us to setup it. It should be done as soon as build
> >  system including svn is ready
>
> I have discussed of transiflex at FUDCON with a fedora ambassador, and
> he told me of the problem they had with upgrade of old version of the
> software. So I think we should be sure to use the latest version if
> possible.

Ok, so I checked, latest version use django-south that help to migrate
the database schema, so this is likely to be ok in this regard.

> And also, I think it would be better to package it :)

And I have started to look and packages missing pieces. Now, the only
thing that we are missing are :

django-profile
Django-south
python-polib

this should not be too hard to do, I guess this would me one hour of
work to finish the rpms ( and then test them with transiflex ).

--
Michael Scherer