[Mageia-i18n] [Mageia-discuss] Translation -structure

Diego Bello dbello at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 17:13:56 CEST 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 9:00 AM, Miguel <cullero at gmail.com> wrote:
> As an active member of MDK-Trans, besides what tavillo1980 said:
>
>> The idea behind use SimplePO in Blogdrake is to have centralized POs.
>> So, if a PO file has 1500 lines, and I translated 78, another user can
>> keep working in the same file as I left it.
>
> In my humble opinion, having SimplePo in a centralized server made the
> translation and revision processes much faster. In just a couple of
> moths, the Spanish team reached the top-10 in the list:
>
> http://mdk.jack.kiev.ua/stats/gui/trunk/toplist/
>
> For other translations, like documentation, that's another ball game.
>
> Cheers,
> motitos

Yes, it really heped us to translate, considering we had one svn
account, managed only by me, and aroud 6 translators. SimplePO is
really useful for one community like Blogdrake where not all
translators know about svn, but It can't manage all translations and
all languages.

I remember that by the release of Mandriva 2010.1, there were
discussions about the use of transifex and I even think it was decided
it would be the next framework to use. Could Anne confirm this?

I don't know how it works in detail, but if it can give us the same
functionality than simplepo that would be good. If not, we (blogdrake)
can still use simplePO for spanish translations.

Regards,
--
Diego Bello Carreño