[Mageia-i18n] [Introduction] Yuri Chornoivan

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 15 10:50:40 CEST 2011

Am Freitag 15 April 2011, 09:24:44 schrieb Yuri Chornoivan:
> My name is Yuri Chornoivan (uid yurchor). I live in Kyiv (Ukraine).
>
> I am working in the research institute of the National Academy of Sciences
> of Ukraine and as an assistant professor in one of the local universities.
>
> I am KDE Ukrainian coordinator and Ukrainian Fedora Team member.
>
> Hope I can help to make Ukrainian translation of Mageia better.

Hi and welcome to the Mageia i18n teams.

Since you are the first Ukrainian,
here are a few informations for you.

Normally we have a structure of language teams, each language team elects a
leader and a substitute leader.

The leader or - if he's not available - his substitute represents the language
team to the international i8n team, attending the meeting and generally
staying in contact.

The other "job" normally done by those two leaders is proof-reading and
commiting from our Transifex back to our svn.

See the workflow and translator guide documents linked on the wiki page.

What I would need of you, is your login name you registered on
identity.mageia.org, so the sysadmin team can add you to the i18n group in
ldap. (Without that you can't login into our Tx installation),
Please send a mail containing this login name to me directly.

Thanks!

Oliver