[Mageia-i18n] release counter

John john at neodoc.biz
Tue Apr 26 15:14:10 CEST 2011

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 15:52:02 +0200
Romain d'Alverny wrote:

> 2011/4/19 Rémi Verschelde <rverschelde at gmail.com>:
> > I'm no native speaker, but I think that "43 days before Mageia 1"
> > would be simpler and maybe sound more English.
>
> Thanks all for your remarks. Well, I am not so sure about the best
> phrasing. We can have a distinct one per language if needed. The
> default English string is this one.

Do you mean: "43 days before Mageia 1" ?

If so, there are better ways of saying this. To a native speaker it tends
to make one think of Christmas, New Year, Easter and similar special days
in the calendar.

Please, for EN at least, change the string to:

"%s days to Mageia 1 release"

to make the meaning unambiguous and also help translators in their tasks

John