[Mageia-i18n] [Transifex.net] Project for training purposes

Jerzy Trzeciak artusek at wp.pl
Tue Feb 1 17:28:22 CET 2011

W dniu 01.02.2011 16:30, Wolfgang Bornath pisze:
> 2011/2/1 Thorsten van Lil<tvl83 at gmx.de>:
>> Hey Jerzy,
>>
>> thanks for your work.
>>
>> Do you know if there is an option to achieve the following behaviour:
>>
>> * Every team-member should be able to propose new translations, but only the
>> coordinator should commit them.
>> (* Also interesting could be, if also not team-member can propose
>> translations.)
>> * Is it possible to work on an translation without locking the translation?
>>
>> As I don't find such settings in the German team profile, I think you as the
>> maintainer has the power to. :)
> What we actually want to achieve:
>
>   - only team leaders / committers can commit
>   - - they should also coordinate the workflow, meaning: have an eye on
> what is needed, etc.
>   - collaboration on large files
>   - - which means with transifex, that you lock a file only while you
> are working on it and unlock for longer breaks, so others can
> continue.
I hope my last post clearly explained access to translation files on
Transifex.net.
Members of the team send their translations to coordinators
>   - - files must be visible for all so everybody can do proofreading
> before it is committed
It is possible to add comments to translation strings or discuss the
translation within poject/translation.
In extreme cases it is also possible to create subproject (do within it
whatever you want) and agreed version could be submitted to main project
by contributor.
> The question is:
>   - does transifex allow for getting a file directly from svn, work on
> it and then put it into transifex for proofreading? If not then all
> must work through transifex (online and offline).
Transifex's translation sources can be bound to svn (*.pot files),
including auto-update option. Download of translated files (*.po) is
also possible (transifex-client). Currently I don't know if it is
possible to upload *.po files directly from svn to transifex.

Jerzy