[Mageia-i18n] Meeting tonight

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 24 05:46:46 CET 2011

2011/2/24 Marek Laane <bald at smail.ee>:

> 2011/2/24 Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com>
>>
>> Do you really think sympa interface should be translated? For the i18n
>> lists all subscribers should understand English, otherwise they were
>> not Mageia translators. All other lists are in English anyway.
>>
>> --
>> wobo
>
> Well, why not? If I have browser translated why not content I see in the
> browser? But, of course, it's not very important.
> the place for people who have problems with translations, suggestions etc,
> so they could very well write their posts in their own language not in
> English. It may be different in case of bigger languages capable to have
> dedicated lists somewhere else for translation problems and keep Mageia's
> list for translators themselves but at least in case of Estonian I see no
> point to have them separate - I can very well imagine the average traffic
> will be maximally some 1-3 email in month...

Well, the lists are for the translation teams and their internal
discussions to keep the main list (mageia-i18n) free of internal team
discussions. As for translation bug reports, they will go to bugzilla,
no?

If a team is so small that it does not need a mailing list, well, then
the list is not used until the team grows (a list starts improving
efficiency with more than 2 subscribers).

--
wobo