[Mageia-i18n] Meeting Thursday, Jan 27, 19:00 UTC

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 26 23:43:45 CET 2011

2011/1/26 Jerzy Trzeciak <artusek at wp.pl>:
> At last meeting (Jan 20th) one of the topics was:
>
> email alias @mageia.org
>
> Since nobody present at the meeting could not explain the idea, maybe wobo
> can enlighten us what is going on.
> IMHO it is very interesting, at least from marketing point of view :)

Yes, in short:

The sysadmin team will supply email aliases (no real mailboxes)
<name>@mageia.org for all people who will commit anything, so to let
upstream and other projects and users know where this
package/translation/etc. comes from - spreading the brand within the
open source community as well as in public. Another group (most times
the same people) with this email alias will be people who are in
contact with media, etc. for spreading news. At the moment we will
start with founders for testing, then will follow the packagers, etc..

What does this mean for our i18n team?

As agreed so far it will be the responsibility of the teams to decide
which criteriae to set for this in their respective teams. For the
i18n team IMHO the most important people to have such an alias are
those who will have committing rights (see first sentence), in almost
all language teams they are also the language team leaders.

But this is a process in progress, I can't tell right now when it will
be implemented. So pls take this as a preview, not needing immediate
decision nor action.

--
wobo