[Mageia-i18n] [Mageia-i18m] Transifex - problem with uploading pot file to the project

Jerzy Trzeciak artusek at wp.pl
Fri Jan 28 20:24:10 CET 2011

Hi,

I have registered at transifex.net and created new project named Lemon
POS, http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/lemonpos/ - for training purposes.
Everything goes fine until I try to upload resources file, i.e. *.pot file.
After several failures (with no error message), I have read transifex
manual to find what may cause my bad luck.
I followed advice to check syntax of pot file with "msgfmt -c file.pot"
command.
This gave me message:   "some header fields still include default
initial values".
I started playing with header entries. Nothing :(
Gettext manual also was no helpful in this matter.
So finally i replaced the whole header with that included in transifex
manual. No change.
I have also tried to upload some pot files I have taken from KDE
translations. All of them generate the same message.
I tried even to upload file with header only. Nothing at all.
I don't know what to do in such case.

Well, to check whether I am authorized to do anything, I joined "Chrome
Extension.po" small project,
http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/tabcloud/resource/chrome-extensionpo/.
I have translated it, just for fun without any problem.

Does anybody have any idea how to solve the problem? #transifex seems to
be idle.

My system:
cat /etc/issue
Kernel 2.6.36.2-desktop-2mnb on a Dual-processor i686 / \l

msgfmt --version
msgfmt (GNU gettext-tools) 0.17
Copyright (C) 1995-1998, 2000-2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
Licencja GPLv3+: GNU GPL, wersja 3 lub nowsza
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>

Regards,

Jerzy