[Mageia-i18n] Blog translations and overall status of the i18n section

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 16 19:51:38 CET 2011

Hi there,

no, I don't want to beat a dead horse, I'd rather like to wake up a
sleeping herd!

Blog translations:
=============

The release of a new version is something that should be sent out to
the people who are eager to follow Mageia's progress. That's what the
blog at blog.mageia.org is for. The more we should be interested in
supplying this important page in as many languages as possible.

At the moment we have 11 non-english language pages configured, most
of them are uptodate, a few are way behind:

Uptodate are the following pages:
Greek
Spanish
French
Italian
Portuguese
Rumanian
Turkish
German

Good job, folks, and thanks for your cooperation!

The Polish page is way behind, same applies to the Russian, while the
Latvian page has not been started at all. Please, find a way to
improve this, don't hesitate to contact Oliver or me for help.

Overall status of the i18n section:
========================

Unfortunately we haven't received anything from the following language
groups yet, although there are people listed in the wiki for those
languages:
Arabic
Bulgarian
Chinese (Simplified & Traditional)
Czech
Dutch
Estonian
Finnish
and some more with just 1 or 2 translators.

Members of these language teams, pls communicate with us so we can
find a solution to improve this.
 - What can we do to make it easier for you?
 - Where do you have problems with the system as it is?
After all I presume that all of you have registered in the wiki
because you want to be a part of this adventure. So, here's your time
now!

There may be one or the other of you who is waiting for packages
localisation to start, this will be very soon and we need your input
and cooperation for that NOW! But even the best product needs good
information and communication as well. Translation of the blog and the
website is an important part of the whole project!

--
wobo