[Mageia-i18n] Blog translations and overall status of the i18n section

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 17 00:34:56 CET 2011

2011/3/16 Marek Laane <bald at smail.ee>:

> Well, I'm not sure what kind of information is required...  [....] but sad
> fact is also that Mandriva is and probably Mageia will be not very widely
> used, so there is no big community and even fewer activists.

Would you believe that these 2 points are related? If there were more
information about Mageia, about its activities and progress, then may
be there will be more people interested. How would you find people
knowing about Mageia if you don't talk about it in their language?
When you think that this is not necessary, why would a localisation be
necessary? Both parts are "walking hand in hand" - tell the people
about it in their language and then present the product in their
language.

IMHO this is the essence of communication and marketing (or, if you
want: spreading).

--
wobo