[Mageia-i18n] Blog translations and overall status of the i18n section

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 17 13:15:02 CET 2011

2011/3/17 You-Cheng Hsieh <yochenhsieh at gmail.com>:

> Hello,
> I'm one of the Traditional Chinese team, in fact we have 3 people who
> constantly watch blogs and mailing lists, translate and summary news
> to our google group here:
> https://groups.google.com/group/mageia-taiwan
> If you search 'mageia' for zh-TW pages, I believe it's listed just
> below official site pages which are also translated by us.
>
> The reason we cannot translate blogs is, it will take days for us to
> translate a blog article into Traditonal Chinese and qualify its
> content so it can be readible, and not all of us are available to
> translate it at the same time. By the time we can publish a fully
> translated blog article, it's not a news anymore.
>
> We choose the best way for local Taiwanese community to spread Mageia,
> while we can afford it with our real life. In the mean time, Mageia is
> still in alpha stage, and it does not fully support Traditional
> Chinese yet - no input method available[1]. We will keep watching the
> development progress and provide any possible asistance necessary to
> make Mageia a friendly product for Traditional Chinese users when the
> official stable release is out.

Ah, thx for the information and your efforts!

IMHO more important than being up-to-date in one day with all news is
the availability of the information at one common address, that's
blog.mageia.org. No problem to take your time, the point is that
people of your language who don't know about the Mageia Google group
(or even don't know about Google groups at all) can find the
information when they go to the Mageia site.

--
wobo