[Mageia-i18n] [Mageia-dev] Mageia default Input platform policy

Olivier Blin mageia at blino.org
Thu Mar 17 22:09:24 CET 2011

You-Cheng Hsieh <yochenhsieh at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Currently Mageia have both scim and ibus in core repository. But
> neither have input method modules available, which means they are not
> really usable right now. (scim and ibus are input method platforms for
> input method modules of different written languages.) Mandriva has
> already begun migration to ibus. I'm wondering if it's planned for
> transition from scim to ibus before the first release of Mageia.

Hi,

For Mageia 1, we can keep both, and make sure they work fine.
drakxtools allows to chose between the two.

ibus should probably be preferred if we get it to work fine, we would
have trouble solving scim issues since it is not maintained upstream
anymore.

Do you know which packages have to be imported to get these IM
functional?

Thanks

--
Olivier Blin - blino