[Mageia-i18n] Change of team leader (FR), needing representative for i18n

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 29 08:05:32 CEST 2011

Am Montag 28 März 2011, 23:31:05 schrieb Wolfgang Bornath:
> As discussed today in the council meeting we agreed to solve the
> problem of a cumulation of opinion (people having multiple voices in
> council polls because of multiple positions). As I have a voice in the
> council anyway because I'm a member of the board we need somebody else
> as representative of the i18n team.
>
> His/her job is
>  - be present at council meetings and act as member of the council,
>  - report his/her team's decisions to the council and back
>  - vote in council polls according to his/her team's opinions (which
> may not match his own opinion!).
>
> Council meetings take place weekly on Mondays, 18:30 UTC (that means
> 20:20 local time in France & Germany (daylight saving time)). To be
> present is important because it's there where things are decided (if
> discussions in the mailing lists do not lead to a consensus) and
> actions are started.
>
> I may propose Oliver but I know that he has a lot of different tasks
> on his desk, being a full packager, the technical leader of i18n, and
> also in the lead of the German team together with TeaAge (his private
> life does not count, he does not have one, anyway). So, pls speak up
> if you want to represent the i18n team in the council.

If I may have a say in this...

wobo is right, I have some things on my desk. But I'm at least at the moment
not in any time troubles (as you may have seen by the flood of mails I
generated over the weekend).
So I could take the job. But this does not imply that I want to have it at all
costs. If any of you does, he has my vote :D

Oliver