[Mageia-i18n] Copyright FSF notices

Remco Rijnders remco at webconquest.com
Wed May 4 16:45:16 CEST 2011

Hi all,

Prompted by a message earlier today on a different mailing list, I do have
a query on the copyright notices in the .po files. Many of the Dutch files
have in them a notice attributing copyright to the Free Software
Foundation. While I've taken care to leave previous translators and
copyright owners (Mandriva) in place, I've taken out the references to FSF
as I believe they've never been the copyright owner of these files despite
what the file itself says. I think these lines may have appeared in those
files from a template some po-editing tools use that insert blanket lines
like:

# SOME DESCRIPTIVE TITLE.
# Copyright (C) YEAR Free Software Foundation, Inc.
# FIRST AUTHOR <EMAIL at ADDRESS>, YEAR.

Does anyone object to me leaving particular copyright lines like that out?

Cheers,

Remco