[Mageia-i18n] msgfmt on commit

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Fri May 6 16:46:47 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have disabled again the check on commit for .po as not all file are
currently ok on this regard.

Could someone more versed than me in the po-logy explain what should be
done for the errors we can see for example on rpmdrake po ?

$ LC_ALL=C msgfmt -c pl.po
pl.po:2552: number of format specifications in 'msgid' and 'msgstr' does
not match
msgfmt: found 1 fatal error

$ LC_ALL=C msgfmt -c ms.po
ms.po:2203: message catalog has plural form translations...
ms.po:8: ...but header entry lacks a "plural=EXPRESSION" attribute
ms.po:2203: message catalog has plural form translations...
ms.po:8: ...but header entry lacks a "nplurals=INTEGER" attribute
msgfmt: found 2 fatal errors

I guess we need to make sure that plural/nplural header are there ?

--
Michael Scherer