[Mageia-i18n] team substitute leader wanted

Rémi Verschelde rverschelde at gmail.com
Sat May 7 00:43:00 CEST 2011

2011/4/22 Oliver Burger <oliver.bgr at googlemail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> at yesterday's meeting I was elected new i18n team leader and my first
> task now is to find an able substitute who can do all the work for me
> :D
>
> If anyone is interested in that job, please answer to this mail.
>
> I also have a few people I'd like to ask directly if they could
> consider doing the job, namely akien and marek.
>
> Waiting for volunteers,
>
> Oliver

Hi guys,

So, it's been two weeks since Oliver is alone as the i18n team leader,
and... he does well, actually. Then, there's no real need for a
substitute since the leader manages to do all the stuff and doesn't
wreck the whole project. Still...

A) The spies I've deployed all over Germany[1] report that Oliver
doesn't sleep[2], drinks twelve coffees a day, and that he tries to
check out the Subversion repository on his mobile phone.
B) Those same spies point out that he hums Bob Dylan songs whenever we
ask stupid questions on the ML. For you know, Oliver is a polite guy,
and since we don't have a full-fledged wiki yet, he won't say "RTFM"
but "the answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind"...
C) Anne (ennael) threatened to burn him in a public place because his
packages blocked the build-system. We all know that Anne's words
should not be taken lightly, so it's highly probable that Oliver will
soon disappear. Join us on #mageia's-public-place on Freenode[3] to
enjoy the show.
D) La réponse D (private joke for the French guys, hey!).

So, it may happen that Oliver fades away because of the work we give
him, that he becomes the new Bob Dylan, that he is convicted of being
a witch because he weighs the same as a duck and therefore is burned
on the public place, or that he ends up as an hermit looking for an
explanation to why "D) La réponse D" could make one smile.

Okay, the serious thing is that it would be nice to have someone to
second Oliver in his task, and I hereby[4] propose myself as a
substitute for the internationalisation[5] team.

Regards,
Rémi / Akien

[1] Namely Justine Bibeur and Mikhail Jacquesson.
[2] He is NOT a vampire you Twilight freaks.
[3] This is NOT a Mageia officially supported channel, so, actually,
don't join it.
[4] That's the part with the drum roll. Huh, no sound in text mails? Sigh.
[5] I well NEVER again write that word in the extended form. i18n is
way better. Plus, written that way, I don't have to wonder whether I
should use the British or American spelling for internationalisation.
Sheesh, I wrote it again.
[6] There's no six, huh? You clever guy.