[Mageia-i18n] TODO for i18 till release and total upload freeze

Marek Laane bald at smail.ee
Wed May 18 23:30:19 CEST 2011

2011/5/18 Oliver Burger <oliver.bgr at googlemail.com>

>  Hi there,
>

> I just got informed that at the end of this week, there will be a total
> upload freeze until final release.
>
> Until then we should hunt down as many translation bugs as possible and fix
> them.
>
> You can also upload still missing translations but please make sure to
> proofread them very thoroughly, before doing that.
>

> Please note: Until the total upload freeze, every i18n commiter still has
> the permissions to commit his files so there is no need to ask anyone to do
> it.
>
> See http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=translators:tx_commiter_guideif you don't know, how to do it.
>

> Now the TODO...
>

> 1. While being in Berlin, I discussed with rda some changes to the website.
> And today I discussed with marcom team leader about it. We will try to get
> as many of the needed translation to i18n as possible about one week before
> release, so there will be some time to do it.
>

> and 2. I started a new wiki page:
> http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=translators:teams
>
> Please clean the old list, where people registered after founding Mageia
> last september and add your teams lists to the new page (following the
> syntax I took).
>
> The old list can be found here:
> http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=translators:registered_people
>

> Please note, you may not find your team pages anymore, the paths have to be
> adapted, so if you don't find them and don't know how to fix that, just tell
> me.
>

> Hoping I haven't forgotten anything, have a nice morning, day, evening or
> night, depending on in which part of the world you live.
>

> Oliver

A problem I was made aware today is that a text for icon on default desktop
"Join Mageia community" seems to be not translated (at least in Estonian).
I'm not sure where is it taken from - i.e. it is in
http://svnweb.mageia.org/soft/desktop-common-data/trunk/desktop/default/register.desktop.in?revision=943&view=markup
but
I don't know where it can be translated (or is it possible at all)?

Marek Laane