[Mageia-i18n] Régis Hamann / rgx klein Vorstellung.

Rémi Verschelde remi at verschelde.fr
Sun Nov 13 12:32:44 CET 2011

2011/10/28 Hamann, Regis <Regis.Hamann at hobart.de>:
> Hello, Oliver and Remi :-)
>
> Nice to meet you...i´m ready for translate software :-) but i have to learn how is the transifex system working and how can i manage the .pot files ?
>
> The Mageia project is great, and i´m very happy to start contribute in it.
>
> Now, what can i do ? Please can you guide me a little bit to start my contribution...
>
> Regards,
>
> Rgx.

Hi Regis, sorry for the delay, I just realised that I left a bunch of
things unfinished in the last two weeks.

I added you to the French and German teams on Transifex, so you can
now access and modify the translations (though I think German and
French .po files are 100% complete, but it may change before the
release of Mageia 2).

You don't have to bother with Tx's handling of .pot files, Oliver and
I (mainly Oliver though) take care of it. You just have to use the web
interface (or download a file, use your own translation tool, and
upload the file again) to translate the .po files, and the people who
have SVN access in your teams will do the link between Tx and the real
stuff (i.e., they will import the .po files retrieved from Tx to
Mageia's SVN so that the softwares can be built with the new
translations).

For now, there probably isn't much to do. You can follow closely the
mailing lists of your teams to help translating the blog posts. The
official wiki will be released soon (it is currently using a .htacess
while we import the stuff from the old wiki); we will then have to
wait a bit more I think for the translated wikis to come up; then a
huge work of translation will begin.

Regards,
Rémi / Akien