[Mageia-i18n] [Mageia-dev] Mageia 2 new schedule: string freeze vs. i18n freeze

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 24 09:05:05 CEST 2011

2011/10/24 You-Cheng Hsieh <yochenhsieh at gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> The new Mageia 2 planning has been posted on blog:
> http://blog.mageia.org/en/2011/07/17/mageia-2-release-cycle-support-and-planning/
>
> As a translator, I noticed these two dates first:
> Development String freeze: 2012 Mar. 7
> i18n freeze: 2012 Mar. 10
>
> Does string freeze mean no more new strings added in svn/transifex,
> and i18n freeze means translation deadline? Please correct me if I'm
> wrong, because 3 days is a little too short for us - would it better
> be 3 weeks (that still depends if developers change or fix string
> typos or add missing strings after string freeze).

Yes, development string freeze means no new strings are added, i18n
freeze means translation deadline.
And in my opinion, three days is ok. After all I don't expect so much
string changes. If we keep up to date on the translations before,
there shouldn't be more then about ten strings to do in those three
days, which after all should be possible.

Oliver

P.S. Please do not cros post.