[Mageia-i18n] Régis Hamann / rgx klein Vorstellung.

Hamann, Regis Regis.Hamann at hobart.de
Fri Oct 28 16:58:26 CEST 2011

 [...]
> Hello,
>
> I am French and my name is Régis (login : rgx). I'm working and living
> in Germany for 9 years now.
[...]
> At work I am translating user manuals from French into German and vice
> versa, in addition I am working as an engineer.
> So I thought I could become a translator for "my" distribution.
>
> I want to invest some of my time into Mageia. To add my knowledge to
> the community and use more and more Open Source software in my systems.
>
> Yours,
>
> Rgx.

	Hi Régis, and thanks Oliver for the translation.

	Can I infer that you are willing to contribute to both the German and French translation teams? We would be glad to welcome you in both teams, but remember: the French team must always prevail, especially when it comes to translating blog 	posts quickly. (Okay, just kidding, this was a private joke for Oliver).

	I added your Mageia account to mga-i18n group (it should enable you to connect to our translation services, i.e. for the moment transifex.mageia.org). Could you try to log into Transifex once? Then we should be able to add you to the German 	and French translation teams there, so that you can work on software translations (even though I think both teams have translated the software 100%, but more may arrive or some strings may change).

	As Oliver told you, you can join the mailing lists i18n-de and i18n-fr, on which you can speak respectively German and French. These lists are used for internal communication, while the mageia-i18n list is used for general communication 	(important information, general discussions that concern all i18n-xy teams).

	Regards,
	Rémi / Akien

Hello, Oliver and Remi :-)

Nice to meet you...i´m ready for translate software :-) but i have to learn how is the transifex system working and how can i manage the .pot files ?

The Mageia project is great, and i´m very happy to start contribute in it.

Now, what can i do ? Please can you guide me a little bit to start my contribution...

Regards,

Rgx.