[Mageia-i18n] romanian characters

Filip Komar filip.komar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 14:44:36 CET 2012

On 30 November 2012 19:47, Joita Dan-Marian <djmarian4u at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have sent some translated pages for Romanian to out leader, but i don't
> see them in place.
> I think i have commit rights, but i lack the correct characters (which he
> was usually replacing for those that i write in translations).
> So, i was translating, he was replacing 'ş' and others with other
> characters, and then he was committing them.
>
> Now, the thing is i have another problem with localization
> https://forums.mageia.org/en/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3865 which happens since
> Mageia 2.
> Is there any way to get the correct characters on my keyboard, or will i
> have to change them after translating?
>
> With respect,
> Dan.

Hi Dan. Nice to see you around. I suggest that you try to open
separate topic on forum about localization issue since there are more
technical experts available. One thing I can suggest in your case to
try is to disable "Old compatibility (non UTF-8) encoding". You'll
find that in MCC, System, Manage localization for your system. Click
Advanced and untick that box. I think you might need a relogin for
that to take effect.

For the forum I recommend that you open separate topic for each
problem you have. It's hard and time consuming for helpers to search
for details for each issue in a big pot. As they see one such pot it's
more likely that they skip to next one. But this is only my view not
the fact.

HTH,
Filip.