[Mageia-i18n] Lang translation tool

Diego Bello dbello at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 03:05:58 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 3:34 PM, José Alberto Valle Cid
<j.alberto.vc at gmail.com> wrote:
>> However, if you need some translation memory and other capabilities of
>> regular gettext files you can easily write a small parser for the .lang
>> files (po<->lang). For example, this can be done using Python and polib. If
>> you cannot or have no time to do this, I can do it for you.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Yuri
>
> You must remember that translator not always are developers or even TI
> related people, so for this people some times the only way to
> contribute are the translations.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I asked mainly to know if this .lang
format we use is usable in some tool. So far I can keep checking
differences manually on the translation report page considering we
have few pages and the changes are not that much. As long as you
people keep letting us know when you change something, we'll be ok. We
actually have all translated right now.

I hope we get a more automated way to handle all this for future
revisions of the site.

Regards,

--
Diego Bello Carreño