[Mageia-i18n] i18n team leader elections

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 2 09:57:25 CET 2012

Am 02.03.2012 00:11, schrieb Diego Bello:
> On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 5:04 PM, Oliver Burger<oliver.bgr at googlemail.com>  wrote:
>> Nobody applied except Remi (for the deputy position) and me (for the team
>> leader position).
> Could you give us a small background of both of you guys? So we can
> see what differences there are between the two of you.

It's not as much about the differences between us, as Remi is
candidating for the dputy and me for the leader position, but of course
I can give you some background on me.
Remi can do so as well on his own, I won't do it for him.

Well first:
Who am I?
My name is Oliver Burger and I live in the southwest of Germany. At the
moment I am doing something called "dual studying" with the goal of
getting a BsC in applied informatics.
This means, that about half the year I am in some special kind of
university, stuying and the other half I'm working for a company as a
developer.

When did I join Mageia and what did I do at that time?
Actually I "joined" Mageia on day 1 (meaning September 18th 2010), when
it was announced meaning I joined the IRC channel at the time it was
announced and joined the mls as soon as they were available.
You all know, there wasn't much to do in the beginning except for the
founders and sysadmins, but I joined some teams when they were created
(i18n and web for example).
I am since then leader of the German i18n team and was wobo's deputy in
the international team in the beginning and took over the team leader
position, when he stepped down.

What do I do now?
My "main job" ist still i18n, also I do have some more jobs right now.
I am partly working on the web site (which is mostly done by rda) and I
am deputy leader of the doc team and I do some packaging.
In my "spare time" I am at about four or five FOSS events representing
Mageia over the year. In the past year I was at FOSDEM in Belgium and
three German events, the biggest one, LinuxTag in Berlin, might be known.

So that's about it.

Oliver