[Mageia-i18n] Press release for translation

Patricia Fraser trish at thefrasers.org
Tue May 22 00:20:28 CEST 2012

Hi all,

PLEASE DON'T RELEASE THIS YET!

The text between ----- is our Press Release for Mageia 2. It is missing
one link, to the blog post which won't go up until all isos are ready.

When we're ready to release, I'll send an email and it would be great
if you could then send out this release to any press in your country -
online, blogs, news sites and so on.

Thanks!

-----

Press Release

We are pleased to announce the release of Mageia 2, a  100%
community-driven Linux distribution with user and contributors from
many countries.

Mageia 2 has been released today (May 22nd) and is now available for
download from the Mageia website, www.mageia.org.

The Mageia blog announcement says: "We're the Mageia community, and
we're very happy to announce the release of Mageia 2!  We've had a
great time building our community and our new release, and we hope you
enjoy using it as much as we enjoyed making it."

Mageia has featured in the 10 Major Distributions list at Distrowatch
since soon after the release of Mageia  1 on June 1st 2011, and has
grown steadily in popularity since it's initial release.

The distribution's popularity has moved closer to #1 since Mageia 1,
and is currently standing at #3.

Read the release announcement on the Mageia Blog here: (link to come)

The release notes (https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Mageia_2_Release_Notes)
give the full information on what is included.

Mageia has Live CD's, an install DVD and a netinstall CD, available in
various languages for easy download, from FTP, HTTP, or torrents.
Version choice and download links are available here:
http://www.mageia.org/2/.

Mageia is supported by a nonprofit organisation, managed by a Board,
governed by a Council of recognized and elected contributors, made up
of teams of international contributors from many different parts of the
world. Their work adds to the excellent work of the wider Linux and Free
Software ecosystem.

Mageia's goal is to provide a high quality, stable, reliable and
enjoyable Linux distribution user experience, for regular users,
developers, and businesses.

Contact information: www.mageia.org, press at mageia.org

-----

--