[Mageia-i18n] [Bugzilla] [Mageia bugs reminder]

Rémi Verschelde remi at verschelde.fr
Sun Oct 7 10:37:25 CEST 2012

2012/10/6 RICHARD WALKER <richard.j.walker at ntlworld.com>:
> OK, I'll have a go. TO refresh our memory, this was the message:
> [quote]
> Hi, you are the assignee for the following bugs for Mageia and we
> would like to know whether they were assigned correctly. For each of
> them: * Please change status to ASSIGNED if it is, or put OK on the
> whiteboard instead. * If you don't have a clue and don't see a way to
> find out, then please put NEEDHELP on the whiteboard. * Please assign
> back to Bug Squad or to the correct person to solve this bug if we
> were wrong to assign it to you, and explain why. * You will not be
> pinged for this again, if the status is set to ASSIGNED or if the
> whiteboard contains the string OK. Thanks a lot!
> [/quote]
>
> First thing I couldn't understand was the first sentence. I found it
> difficult to imagine how anyone could be so certain about an assertion
> which I found so absurd.

Not that absurd when one understands that "You" is the addressee, i.e.
mageia-i18n at mageia.org, i.e. the whole Internationalisation
translation team. Then what follows is just classic Bugzilla
procedure: if it is a bug related to i18n, we can set the status to
ASSIGNED, if not we should set it to the correct assignee or revert it
to BugSquad (default).

So the only change I would eventually make would be to change the
first sentence to: “Hi, you _or your team_ are the assignee for the
following bugs for Mageia and we would like to know whether they were
assigned correctly.”

Regards,
Rémi