[Mageia-i18n] Script for lang<->po conversion to translate Mageia web pages

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Sun Sep 9 15:20:19 CEST 2012

написане Sun, 09 Sep 2012 15:51:44 +0300, Dimitrios Glentadakis
<dglent at gmail.com>:

> Στις 09/09/2012 14:40:43 Filip Komar έγραψε:
>> Thanks Yuri. Nice job. I think it's worth committing it in svn[1].
>>
>> On 9 September 2012 14:16, Dimitrios Glentadakis <dglent at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> But what about the already translated .lang files ?
>>> The only way to work with po files is to run the script and translate
>>> them again ? (i hope no :))
>>
>> Dimitrios, did you miss this part of explanation?
>>

>> I hope that someone will test this procedure some more and put it in
>> wiki. I'm sure that this script deserve that.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Filip.
>>
>> [1] http://svnweb.mageia.org/soft/i18n-tools/
>
> I run the script in the folder with the English .lang files, how i will
> merge them with my existing .lang files?
> If i run the script in the el folder nothing happens

Attached is a one-time converter for existing translations.

Run it as

python translated_converter.py -l <lang_code>

(Ex.: python translated_converter.py -l el)

in a folder of translations. Then copy po's with their folders into /en
folder and run

python langpo.py