[Mageia-i18n] [ANN] easier to translate the installer announce + altered strings

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 10:16:53 CEST 2012

On 20 September 2012 09:06, Filip Komar <filip.komar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Thierry for biting this huuuge bitter apple for all of us.

Well I really wanted to do that for what... 6 years :-)

> Note for translators. Those two resources were changed:
> http://svnweb.mageia.org/soft/drakx/trunk/perl-install/share/po/libDrakX.pot
> http://svnweb.mageia.org/soft/rpmdrake/trunk/po/rpmdrake.pot

1) license text
============

Yeah I split out the titles so that I can render them differently
(bigger, bold) later.
This also means some titles got unfuzzed as only paragraph text was previously
was fuzzy.

I fixed a couple missing space in some translations.

I also split warnings about unofficial translation as a separate translation
(was used by a couple translations.
It might be good to actually warn for all translations, WDYT?

I further plan to allow:
- add a button in order to display the untranslated english license
- allow translators not to translate (some already do by actually
  copying the english message, which is not nice regarding
  maintenance (for them))
- add spacing in sections #1, #2 & #5 of the license so  that we've
  distinct paragraphs (easier to read)
  But that might be hard to automate depending on the translations
  (though it's not a big problem if some translations lacks the (future)
   new spacing)

2) congratulations message

I also split another string with big spacing in order to enforce the spacing
directly instead of requiring the translators to do so.
I wasn't able to remove one spacing due to one translation having merged
the "%s" line into its translated paragraph.

3) rpmdrake