[Mageia-i18n] translating non-Calenco strings Re: [doc-discuss] mageia-doc package

Marja van Waes marja11 at xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 2 18:46:00 CEST 2013

@ Marek

Below a message about mageia-doc-mcc-et.desktop for you :-D

On 02/04/13 16:45, Matteo Pasotti wrote:

> On 29/03/2013 13:47, Marja van Waes wrote:
>> On 29/03/13 10:57, Marja van Waes wrote:
>>

>>> It would be nice if a way could be found to open the help in a
>>> larger window, for instance 1200x900
>>>
>>> Would having a different gtk setting for the mcc help screens
>>> only, something like
>>>
>>> ($::real_windowwidth, $::real_windowheight) = (1200, 900);
>>>
>>> solve that? If so, is it OK to do that and where/how should that
>>> be set?
>>>

>> I talked too fast, when started from the starter menu, the screen
>> size is fine.
>>
>> Does starting it by clicking help in MCC, limit the screen size for
>> the help to the size of MCC or so?
> Yeap, at least it seems to be the way you described it.
>
> The mageia-doc-mcc-et.desktop file still waits for someone willing to
> translate it :-P

Thanks for the reminder, Matteo :)

> Following this link[1] you can download it and translate the Name and
> Comment fields and then you can send it back to this ml or to me
> directly. If the translator knows svn, he/she can easily checkout and
> commit the changes by himself/herself.
>
> Note: @VENDOR@ is a bookmark you can replace -mentally- with "Mageia"
> but it must be kept as is, please.
>
> Marja, where I should put this kind of documentation? Is there a
> dedicated wiki page?

Well, maybe we should ask i18n whether translations for strings in
non-Calenco files in help packages (like mageia-doc-mcc-en.desktop or
the COPYINGs and READMEs of the help packages) , should be done like any
other non-Calenco translation.

I'm afraid they'll otherwise be forgotten too easily :-/

@ i18n
Asking the above now :-)

About the packaging of mageia-doc or mageia-doc-mcc there are those pages:
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/How_to_package_mageia-doc
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/How_to_package_MCC_help

Of course the mageia-doc-mcc-en.desktop file + the need to have it
translated and renamed for every language, (c)(sh)ould be mentioned
there, too.