[Mageia-i18n] What was wrong with Transifex?

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 16:00:22 CEST 2013

2013/4/4 Yaron Shahrabani <sh.yaron at gmail.com>:
> Most of it can be done semi-automatically using txclient.

I was using txclient, but it still needs user interference...
So, if pootle does not handle that better, you are right, if it does,
you are not...

Another thing, I wrote a bug report about in the tx bugtracker, that
was rejected:
Often strings change "only a bit", so the translations can stay similar as well.
The way to do this in a gettext world is: fuzzy those strings, so they
are still there but will not be used until a translator fixes them.
The problem with tx: If you do upload a file with a fuzzy string where
the tx database does contain a not fuzzy string, it will keep the old
one, which is just wrong.

Oliver