[Mageia-i18n] Confirmation window out of the MCC in en in version pt-BR

Rémi Verschelde remi at verschelde.fr
Sat Feb 9 23:20:20 CET 2013

2013/2/9 Marcio Padula Padula <padula1000 at gmail.com>:
> Hi translation team...
>

> In the mcc of mageia 3 beta 2 pops up a window asking to confirm the
> departure as mentioned
> in the forum Brazil topic www.mageiabr.org/forum this in en, I did not find
> any files in svn to be translated to pt-BR, can you help me?
>
> below the link to mageiabr forum/forum to analyze:
>
> http://www.mageiabr.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=701&p=9394&sid=19c945808db31dd977d6f4207d43da94#p9388
>

> Thanks for all help
> Padula
> translator pt-BR

Hi Padula!

Indeed I couldn't find the string "Are you sure you want to quit?" in
the control-center po files. But I found it here[1], in the drakx
directory. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know how such project are
intertwined, but it seems to be the right occurence: see how the
translation is incorrect and thus fuzzied:

#: mygtk2.pm:1222
#, fuzzy, c-format
msgid "Are you sure you want to quit?"
msgstr "Você tem certeza em apagar este ponto de montagem ?"

(This may actually be a relicate of some bugs that we experienced when
we used Transifex, having some translations replacing others based on
erratic behaviour).

If you want to have a clean translation of Mageia 3, here is my
advice: open every pt_BR.po file (see the list here[2]) with Poedit,
or run msgfmt -cv on each file, to know:
- If some strings are fuzzied
- If some strings are untranslated

Regards,
Rémi