[Mageia-i18n] When you're out of choices

Marja van Waes marja11 at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 27 15:42:49 CET 2013

On 27/03/13 10:23, Kristoffer Grundström wrote:
> How's going with the plans of a web-based translation interface for thoose
> who want to keep track of how far every po has been done?
>
> The reason why I'm asking is:
>
> Let's assume that you're sitting at a public facility & you want to
> translate some program for Mageia, but the people responsible for the
> computers won't let you install programs on Windows (I know it's quite lame
> that they still use it, but I can't really do anything to make them switch)
> or let you use a USB-stick to boot another OS or you don't have your own
> computer with you.
>
> I can open the po's in Wordpad, but the character-settings can't be set in
> it & Notepad doesn't use line-break to make a new row.
>
> I hope that we can find a solution to this soon somehow.
>
> Could we at least continue to use Transifex until another solution is
> presented?
>
> /Kristoffer

We didn't have the Calanco translation notification system yet, when you
installed several installer help pages, so we don't know whether they
are up-to-date

It would be really great if you'd like to compare your translations of
installer help with the current English version of the same pages.

At this moment, apart from the index page, which was translated by
swecarp, all Swedish you see in the following pages was done by you,
even if some pages have been moved or split since you translated them.
http://docteam.mageia.nl/sv/installer/content/index.html

To see the English version of a page, just copy its address and remove
/sv from it

So compare
http://docteam.mageia.nl/sv/installer/content/acceptLicense.html
with
http://docteam.mageia.nl/installer/content/acceptLicense.html
etc.

(The big white space is the missing screenshot.... we'll do a screenshot
marathon once the new Mageia 3 background is in the left panel of
drakx-installer-stage2)

If you mail to doc-discuss ml which files are up-to-date and which files
aren't (and, if possible, what needs to be changed for those), that
would be really, really great.

Once we're sure the translations are up-to-date, we can get the
translation notifications for those pages (a diff each time the English
original is changed)

Pages that are up-to-date will have <i18n at mageia.eu> or
<i18n-sv at mageia.eu> in them (not visible while installing)

Kind regards,