[Mageia-marketing] Plan - stuff to do pre Beta 1 release

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 12:12:50 CEST 2011

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 11:36, Bradley D. Thornton <Bradley at northtech.us> wrote:
> These are things we should be collecting the particulars of, and who are
> the managers of those role accounts, etc.

Yep, but that requires a team to be setup and to show regular
attendance and to have a clear lead - not that you aren't beginning
now, but the marcom teams activity record is still in its infancy.

So far, those aliases are managed through the board and maybe a few
founding members.

> Regardless, we do need a few role accounts, and username at mageia.org
> would be good too for each of us to have too IMO.

@mageia.org user aliases so far are expected for Board & Council
members and to be slowly extended to crucial roles within teams and
hopefully to all peer contributors (and note the "peer" part of it).

> And we don't have a marcom group in the forums either, and this was
> discussed at length on the list here too (you'll recall the discussions
> about whether we would stick with the existing FudForum software we had
> been provided or whether we would be moving to other software at the
> mageia.org proper site ;) ). Who do we talk to to get this corrected?

I'm not aware of (or don't remember about) that. If you are to use a
Web-based forum, you would gain in using http://forums.mageia.org -
but be aware that:
 - you will get a higher scrutinity there - not that it's bad, but
it's important to know;
 - you will have to manage hiatuses between your forum and your
mailing-list, some people not reading/using both.

> Finally, I have to go back and ask again, "Who is, or collectively are,
> the people responsible for posting such possibly inappropriate material
> on our facebook page like:
> http://www.facebook.com/Mageia#!/photo.php?fbid=1371504459899&set=o.157247240967735&theater
> ???

Removed. That's more a matter of curation/moderation. The Facebook
page is public and everyone can post to it (and that's good) but could
be better animated, if we can focus someone more on this, yes (that
role is in the users/forums/ml/community teams that are not really
setup either at this time - maybe you could try to ignite that).

Romain